Here are a few tips to make sure they are ready to go.
Wash water brushes with mild soap; rinse well.
- Clean any accumulated tape dust from shear blades with a dry brush or blower.
- Wash water tank with mild soap; rinse well.
Clean accumulated glue from blades using a scraper. Don’t scrape the cutting edge or the blade may become dull and need replacement. Also, be careful working on the blade. It’s sharp and can cut easily.
- Apply light coating of light machine oil to back of blade.
- Add a few drops of light machine oil to felt pads on Better Pack 555eS models.
- Clean all accumulated pieces of tape, tape dust and any other foreign material from inside the machine with a dry brush or blower.
- Clean off accumulated glue from the bottom of heaters and pressure plates
- Lightly oil the upper and lower blades with light machine oil
- Clean all covers with a damp rag.
Take this time to do all needed maintenance today. It will mean your packing and shipping departments will have a better chance of keeping their heads above water in the upcoming holiday deluge.