Why You'll Love Better Packages Tape Dispensers
Are packing efficiency, productivity, and security important to your organization? How about brand awareness and customer satisfaction? It’s hard to imagine any company saying “No” to these questions, which is why it’s easy to understand that organizations looking to improve their financial performance and gain market share continue to switch to water-activated tape (WAT).
Also known as paper tape, gummed tape, or Kraft tape, WAT delivers all these benefits and more. Many of the country’s most recognized brands rely on WAT to meet their packaging needs, including leaders in clothing and home decor, automotive aftermarket parts, furniture, outdoor gear, and sporting goods. When they do, they trust the water-activated tape dispensers from Better Packages, a company that has been a pioneer and leader since 1917 and even has one of its dispensers in the Smithsonian Institute!
“Are packing efficiency, productivity, and security important to your organization? How about brand awareness and customer satisfaction? It’s hard to imagine any company saying “No” to these questions.” TWEET THIS
Better Packages: More Than a Century of Leadership in Water-Activated Tape Dispensers
When it comes to proof that a company understands its customers and continually develops products that meet their needs, nothing speaks louder than longevity. Better Packages has been partnering with businesses for more than a century, helping them seal and ship their merchandise faster and more effectively.
In fact, the company was founded in 1917 by brothers Alfred and Theodore Kruger who developed tape dispensers to capitalize on the invention of water-activated tape by Thomas Edison a few years prior. Before the legendary inventor came up with the idea for WAT, packages were generally closed with twine. Today, Better Packages water-activated tape dispensers continue to lead the way in quality, innovation, and safety.
The Many Advantages of Better Packages Water-Activated Tape Dispensers
Below are some of the top reasons to use water-activated tape dispensers from Better Packages. The dispensers:
- Come in manual and electric versions. Within those general categories there are multiple models to choose from.
- Are easy to use. All it takes is the pull of a handle or press of a button or foot pedal to produce a perfectly prepared strip that is ready to apply to a carton.
- Include versions that hold 1,000-foot rolls of tape, versus the usual 600-foot rolls. This means less downtime for replacing rolls and maximum productivity.
- Can dispense both pre-set and customized tape lengths. Some of our models give you the option to produce standard strips or pieces tailored to a unique carton.
- Include low-profile models. Limited area in your packing station? We have space-saving options.
- Can accommodate up to 4-inch tape widths. Some models have this capability, which is important in the sealing of certain types of cartons.
- Include inkjet models that can print directly on the tape. Print branding or messaging on a strip of tape and prepare it to be applied to a carton all in one operation!
- Are reliable and long-lasting. With proper care and maintenance, a Better Packages water-activated tape dispenser can last for decades. Some customers have units that have been in operation over 20 years.
Watch our informative video to see these carton sealing steps in action!
From One Industry Leader to Another
There are myriad reasons why Better Packages water-activated tape dispensers are superior, but don’t just take our word for it! Here’s what our longtime customer, the CEO of an automotive parts distributor, had to say about Better Packages tape dispensers:
“We could not be happier with the Better Pack 555eS machines we converted to along with the pre-printed reinforced water-activated tape we are now using to seal our packages. Sealing cartons manually with PVC is a thing of the past for us. We’ve been spoiled, that’s for sure!”
Read more of our customer testimonials here, to find out just how valuable our tape dispensers are for increasing efficiency, productivity, and safety in the workplace.
Right Tape. Right Dispensers.
From small online retailers to Fortune 500 companies, there is plenty of proof that WAT delivers the characteristics and performance that organizations need for efficient and effective package sealing. Once customers realize that WAT is the right tape, they quickly learn that the right way to deliver it is using water-activated tape dispensers from Better Packages.
If you have questions about our water-activated tape, water-activated tape dispensers, and other products, please contact us at your convenience.
About Better Packages
Founded in 1917, Better Packages is a leading manufacturer of tabletop water-activated tape (WAT) dispensers used in carton sealing. Better Packages’ product line includes auto-dispensing electric machines that are used in high volume fulfillment centers, as well as manual dispensers. In the U.S., Better Packages sells through multiple channels that include industrial and packaging distributors and catalog wholesalers, as well as direct to end-user customers. Its distribution network consists of over 160 authorized distributors including Tier 1 shipping and packaging. Better Packages also has another 50 international distributors that service over 70 countries. Better Packages is a wholly owned subsidiary of Intertape Polymer Group (IPG), an acknowledged leader in the packaging industry. IPG sells a full line of Central® water-activated tape, as well as many other premier packaging products.