Water Activated Tape | Packing & Shipping Tips | E-commerce
4 Powerful Benefits of Branded Water-Activated Tape
By: Better Packages on March 28th, 2018
In today’s competitive business world, having a strong, recognizable brand is crucial to your success. Why does effective branding matter?
- People who become familiar with your branding can quickly spot it and will gravitate toward it.
- Seeing your branding recalls the positive interactions people have had with your company, and emotion helps close deals and maintain brand loyalty.
- Your branding is a source of pride and confidence for your employees and business partners.
You brand your website, brochures, and other marketing materials. But, another excellent place to capitalize on your brand power is the water-activated tape you can use to seal cartons. Not every company thinks to do this. But those that do, often find it to be a powerful source of brand awareness.
Water-Activated Tape Basics
Water-activated tape (WAT) offers many benefits over plastic tape and is the distinct favorite among packers who have used both. Also known as gummed tape, gummed tape or paper tape, WAT comes in a variety of styles and strengths.
With just one strip, WAT creates a secure, tamper-evident seal that keeps a package closed and deters theft. Applied from a water-activated tape dispenser rather than a hand-held tape gun, using WAT prevents repetitive motion stress and related injuries.
WAT can be used in scenarios where plastic tape is ineffective, including dusty, cold, and hot environments and where supply chain security and the reassurance of your product delivery is necessary. And most importantly when it comes to branding, WAT can easily be printed with logos and verbiage.
Advantages of Branding Your Packages with Printed Water-Activated Tape
- Greater marketing bang for your buck. You can brand your packaging by having your logo printed on boxes. However, it is much less expensive to print your brand on WAT. In addition, if you are printing on cartons, you need a variety of carton sizes printed with your logo, further increasing cost. Printed WAT can be used on any size carton, meaning that your marketing dollars go further with just a bit of tape.
- Flexible promotions. It is also considerably easier for you to change your messaging on the tape, rather than the box. These changing messages can be communicated cost-effectively and allow for the prospect of a repeat purchase from the promotional message that appears on the tape itself.
- Easier identification of lost packages. When a box is misplaced by the shipper, branded WAT can make it easier to find. When scanning a sea of cardboard containers, the ones bearing your brand stand out.
Start Using Branded Water-Activated Tape to Your Advantage
It’s a welcome bonus when a business resource gives you two benefits in one.
From secure sealing to adjustable messaging, branded WAT can do exactly that.
When you’re ready to start reaping the benefits of branding your packages as you ready them for shipping, we’re here to help. Contact us and let’s get you set up with everything you need to promote your brand on every box that goes out!
About Better Packages
Founded in 1917, Better Packages is a leading manufacturer of tabletop water-activated tape (WAT) dispensers used in carton sealing. Better Packages’ product line includes auto-dispensing electric machines that are used in high volume fulfillment centers, as well as manual dispensers. In the U.S., Better Packages sells through multiple channels that include industrial and packaging distributors and catalog wholesalers, as well as direct to end-user customers. Its distribution network consists of over 160 authorized distributors including Tier 1 shipping and packaging. Better Packages also has another 50 international distributors that service over 70 countries. Better Packages is a wholly owned subsidiary of Intertape Polymer Group (IPG), an acknowledged leader in the packaging industry. IPG sells a full line of Central® water-activated tape, as well as many other premier packaging products.