Tune up your Water-Activated Tape Dispensers Today Before the Holiday Shipping Surge Hits
Here are a few tips to make sure they are ready to go.
Wash water brushes with mild soap; rinse well.
- Clean any accumulated tape dust from shear blades with a dry brush or blower.
- Wash water tank with mild soap; rinse well.
Clean accumulated glue from blades using a scraper. Don’t scrape the cutting edge or the blade may become dull and need replacement. Also, be careful working on the blade. It’s sharp and can cut easily.
- Apply light coating of light machine oil to back of blade.
- Add a few drops of light machine oil to felt pads on Better Pack 555eS models.
- Clean all accumulated pieces of tape, tape dust and any other foreign material from inside the machine with a dry brush or blower.
- Clean off accumulated glue from the bottom of heaters and pressure plates
- Lightly oil the upper and lower blades with light machine oil
- Clean all covers with a damp rag.
Take this time to do all needed maintenance today. It will mean your packing and shipping departments will have a better chance of keeping their heads above water in the upcoming holiday deluge.
About Better Packages
Founded in 1917, Better Packages is a leading manufacturer of tabletop water-activated tape (WAT) dispensers used in carton sealing. Better Packages’ product line includes auto-dispensing electric machines that are used in high volume fulfillment centers, as well as manual dispensers. In the U.S., Better Packages sells through multiple channels that include industrial and packaging distributors and catalog wholesalers, as well as direct to end-user customers. Its distribution network consists of over 160 authorized distributors including Tier 1 shipping and packaging. Better Packages also has another 50 international distributors that service over 70 countries. Better Packages is a wholly owned subsidiary of Intertape Polymer Group (IPG), an acknowledged leader in the packaging industry. IPG sells a full line of Central® water-activated tape, as well as many other premier packaging products.